Monday, March 17, 2008

Stickshifts and Safety Belts

I actually don't know how to drive stick very well. I want to get a car that is stick so I can learn. I was going to last summer but then all sorts of crazy ish hit the fan, and, well, I didn't. I do, however, always wear my seatbelt. Safety first, kids. Anyway, I'm currently in Utah for a day or two because I have an interview in Provo this afternoon. I found something whilst searching on the intarwebz for employment. They responded in about 2 days, which I was pleasantly surprised at. The company is called Heritage Web Solutions. They do website hosting and design and such. They need a staff writer, and I can only assume (careful...) that I would be writing about their services. So it'll be interesting, but either way, I'm super stoked. I need to get away from Idaho Falls again, and no offense to everyone living there, hopefully for good. There's nothing for me there, career-wise. Anyway, I'll update this tonight after the interview.


UPDATE: To be honest, there's not much to update. I took some typing tests, then some writing tests. Those are what took the bulk of the time. After that, I had a somewhat rushed interview. The girl who interviewed me, besides probably being younger than me, talked really fast the whole time. She kind of just fired off questions and waited for me to respond so she could write down my responses, but didn't really follow up on any of them. I guess that's what happens when your interview is finishing up right at 5:00 and people want to go the hell home. So it was kind of hard to get a read on what she was thinking, but she may not even really have anything to do with the hiring. Who knows?


And just for good measure, some more pictures of my awesome little brother.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hope it goes well!!!!

Brittany said...

I love driving stick shift!